Miller & Smith’s Land Development Group specializes in acquiring, zoning, entitling and developing land into highly marketable residential and commercial developments.
We successfully manage and navigate all facets of the development process for residential, mixed-use, infill, retail, redevelopment, resort, commercial, industrial, active-adult, water-oriented and rental properties.
Creating Value. Instilling Confidence.
Our proven ability to solve complex problems and our flexibility in structuring transactions make us the go-to developer for local jurisdictions, land sellers and development partners.
We are experts at managing the intricacies of project phasing in order to minimize costs and maximize revenue generation. We’re also adept at managing and scheduling and all of the contractors necessary to bring a job in on time and on budget.
Local governments look at our body of work and know that a Miller & Smith development will be a positive addition to their community. Consequently, our reputation opens doors and enables us to work through approval processes faster to get jobs started sooner.
Scope of Land Development Services
- Due diligence and site evaluation
- Feasibility studies
- Land entitlements, land use amendments
- Land plans, amenity and landscape plans
- Development budgets, lot finishing budgets and financial analysis
- Site grading analysis, lot grading and earthwork balance
- Lot variable issues, lot matrices, coordination with product development
- Water and sewer availability and capacity evaluation
- Electric, gas, telephone and cable location and availability
- Purchase agreements, development agreements, and builder/developer responsibility lists
- Property Owner Association documents
- Bond Release Management